The main project objectives are:
- equip universities and their leaders to address policy priorities and challenges;
- enable leaders and senior managers to successfully steer complex institutional transformation agendas.
To achieve this, a peer-learning approach will be used throughout the project. This will facilitate an exchange of experience and practices among the participants, while bridging the gap between global, national and institutional needs. NEWLEAD results will also be derived from a mapping of institutional- and system-level approaches to leadership development and university transformation, which is planned for the first stage of the project implementation. Moreover, a novel methodological framework will be developed to address, in a holistic way, leadership capacity building and change management topics in higher education.
The NEWLEAD project will address institutional leadership development through the lenses of several transversal topics, such as (but not limited to):
- female leadership in higher education
- equity, diversity and social inclusion
- collaboration and engagement with ecosystems
- evolving labour market needs
- efficiency and effectiveness
- service to society
- effective governance